Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Walk With Autism

Autism Society of Colorado is hosting their 3rd Annual “Walk With Autism” event on June 14, 2015.  Please feel free to find more info or create a team here.

I had the pleasure of creating a team for my son Wyatt last year.  It was my first year getting involved and making a team.  All in all it was a huge success.  My goal was to raise $500, since it was my first year.  Our team raised just under $2300.00!!!!  Boy was I impressed.  The awesome thing about the money raised is ALL money STAYS in COLORADO to help families with services and such.
 




The event last year was so fun.  There were a few vendors, entertainment, Waldo on Stilts, Balloon Man Maker, Reptiles, Food and more.  It is a beautiful lake you walk around and there is a park for all the kiddos to play at.  Such a great Family and Friends event spreading awareness on autism, sharing stories and meeting some wonderful people you can now call friends.

Walk with autism in your life whether it be you personally, a family member or a friend, you know how lost and overwhelming you can feel.  I know for the longest time I felt so alone and unsure of what steps to take next and what was the priority for benefitting my son the best.  I have attended some classes and I plan to attend many more so I am as educated as I can be for my son and other’s affected.  Research and theories are constantly changing and we still do not have an official cause.  The numbers keep rising and we are currently at 1 in every 68 people are somewhere on the Spectrum.   It is more common in boys.

There is so much we can all do to help spread awareness, be more accepting and help teach those affected with Autism how to learn and succeed their way.

Please feel free to join and or donate to my son’s team WalkWith Wyatt.


Like Walk With Wyatt Community Page 








No comments:

Post a Comment