Thursday, March 24, 2011

Memory Lane

I wrote this June 19, 2008


As most of you know.  I am baby crazy….LOL  But the good news is, not too much longer before we start to make a baby!!!!!!!!!  What a wonderful feeling for me.  The anticipation kinda stinks, but I will live.  So, with that.  This morning, while driving to work I started thinking about the day I gave birth to Brooke on June 30, 2000.  I got all teary eyed, so I had to stop, since I was driving.

Labor Day ~:)

My work (Lowe’s) made me stop working on June 27.  So, I was kinda enjoying my time off.  But getting bored as well.  I woke early as usual, around 6am.  People were calling me all the time to see if I had “popped”  I knew when I woke up on the 30th that it was the day.  It is very strange how you can just know these things.  I totally went into a “nesting” faze.  I cleaned the whole house and showered.  I then woke my boyfriend at the time and father up.  And it went a little something like this, “Hey, you need to get up and take a shower, today is the day and I need to take care of a few things before we go.”  He had to take it all in for a moment and then he flew out of bed…..HA HA

So, he showered and then we went to our work to get our paycheck and to inform work that he would not be in.  Now, I had been having small contractions every minute in a half since about 9am and it was around 10:30am at this point.  We had a small issue with his immediate supervisor.  So, we just went to the store manager and he of course said it was fine.

Now being that it was the end of the month, you know what that means….RENT.  So, off to my bank to cash my work check.  While waiting in line my contractions stayed still a minute and a half apart but they were starting to get more and more painful.  By the time I was at the bank teller I was using my breathing techniques.  The teller was a young male and I really think he was afraid I was going to give birth right then and there.  I asked him to cash my check and went on my way.  Mind you I had the whole bank staring at me all wondering the same thing…..Am I going to deliver this baby here.

Now, after my bank, I needed to put rent money into my roommate and one of my closest friend, Bonnie’s account.  So, off to her bank we went.  This time I sent my boyfriend in to deposit the rent money.  I was having difficulties moving at this point.  All I could think off is where is my 5 minutes in between contractions…..LOL

So, as my boyfriend was in the bank I started to realize I had not eaten.  I know what you all are thinking.  On the way home I tell my man I want some food, so Del Taco here we come.  By the time we got there I was only in the mood for a Sprite.  And then we went back to my house.  Where my boyfirend started keeping track of the contractions and called the doctor.  Our roommate was there with his two small daughters.  They kept asking what was wrong as I was in a lot of pain.  But not too much……yet  HA HA

So, the doctors told us to drive to them which was 30 minutes away rather then straight to the hospital which was 10 minutes away.  I sometimes wonder about people’s thinking.  So, off to the doctors we go.  All I want to do at this point is sleep.  But those darn contractions will not let me.  We arrive at the doctors, and my sister-in-law Jennifer works there so she was very excited to see me.  As we were waiting in the waiting room, there was a couple there and the woman must have been about 7 months along.  I had a contraction and had to breath through it of course and when I was done, she asked me if I was in labor.   I politely said yes, but in my head I was thinking “Seriously, she is going to have a baby?!?!?!?!”  HA HA  In to the room we went.  I was measured and told I was only at 1 centimeter and to go home and walk and wait before I went to the hospital.  Now, maybe I was over reacting a little, however, under the circumstances I think I was allowed….LOL  I was like there is no way I am going home and walking.  This baby is coming.  Mind you this was around 2ish.  As I was getting off the table bed thingy, I had another contraction and nearly bit off my boyfriends shoulder.  The nurse new it was time for me to go to the hospital.  Smart thinking, I thought.

I finally got into a bed at the hospital around 3 and by then I was at 3 centimeters.  I was given morphine for my pain and it wasn’t until that moment that I felt weak and could not do this.  I had been having contractions all day a minute and a half apart and I was tired and I thought, I cannot do this.  I do not have the energy.  Then the adoptive parent’s arrived and I knew together we could do this.  The morphine helped with the pain a little.  But it wasn’t until the epidural that life began to seem great.  My dad was there and he watched them give me the epidural.  All things were possible now.  The doctors kept advising me to get some rest until it is time.  But now I felt great, I was excited and there was no way I could sleep.  I started to get hungry again.  I asked for food, they gave me ice chips.  What is up with that man…..LOL

Once I got to 7 centimeters I stopped dilating.  So, I was given betosin (no idea on the spelling) to help that along.  She arrived at 11:07pm.  It was such a wonderful day.  And the next day Bonnie and Liz brought me my fav…TACO BELL and a Belle Barbie Doll.  It was perfect!!!!!

Now when you look at the actual time, yes it seems like a very long labor.  But it actually seemed to fly by.   Well, thanks for reading my memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment